Building Permits

The City of Howardwick requires permits for the following:

  • Residential and Commercial New Construction
  • Tiny Homes
  • Manufactured and Mobile Homes
  • RV parking
  • External additions attached or free standing
  • Garages
  • Carports
  • Storage buildings
  • Livestock

To obtain a permit for both residential and commercial uses, simply download the form provided below.  Be sure to check the ordinances and zoning. If you are not zoned for what you want to place, you can download a variance request below. 

We have also attached quick information regarding permits, zoning, setbacks, and 911 addressing.

You will need to check with City Hall to verify your actual 911 address. Lot numbers are not used for addressing. Even if you purchase an existing home, you will need to be sure the address is correct. Many of them are incorrect.

If you are unsure of the zoning or have any questions, give our office a call at 806-874-2222.